Monday, November 5, 2012

VoxBox Review: NYC New York Color IndividualEyes Eyeshadow Palette Custom Compact in Dark Shadows


As I mentioned in my previous post, I recently received the Fall 2012 Beauty Blogger VoxBox, full of great inexpensive products.



One of the products I received was the NYC New York Color IndividualEyes Custom Compact Eyeshadow Palette in Dark Shadows. I have never used NYC eye shadow before so I was eager to see what it was like.

Here is what Influenster says about the eye shadow: "NYC New York Color's all-in-one compact gives you everything you need for a complete eye look: primer, illuminator, applicator and complementing shadows. With four vibrant colors designed for your eye color, you can create a look as individual as you are!"

I have a confession to make: I mostly stick with purples and browns when it comes to eye shadow. When I opened the NYC New York Color IndividualEyes Eyeshadow Palette in Dark Shadows, I wasn’t sure if I would like the look.

I didn’t like it…I loved it! The blacks and grays looked great! They can be used lightly for a fun daytime look and can be easily transitioned to night with a heavier application. You can also use this palette to make a nice smokey eye.  For those who are just getting into eye makeup, the palette provides a label on the back that tells you where to apply the different colors.

I went for a subtle look here and really liked how it turned out!

The best part of this product is that is incredibly well pigmented for the price! I was surprised that a $4.99 eye shadow would have so much pigment.

The eye shadows are a bit powdery, but I think it is a good quality for the price. I also loved that the palette came with primer and illuminator, though I thought that the primer was a bit too oily.

Overall, I think this is a good eye shadow for this price point. I would recommend it for anyone looking for an affordable option! 

For more information about NYC New York Color IndividualEyes Custom Compacts and other products, visit http://newyorkcolor.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment